Disclosure Statement Regarding Protection and Processing of Personal Data
This Disclosure Statement Regarding Protection and Processing of Personal Data (Disclosure Statement), the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (LPPD) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and explains how your personal data is collected and processed, what kind of data is collected, how that personal data is used, what your rights are on your personal data regarding the services offered and presented to you by TEMSA Ulaşım Araçları Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi (TEMSA or Company) as a Data Controller.
As per LPPD and GDPR the Data Controller is:
Established as a joint stock company regarding the laws and regulations of Republic of Turkey, registered at the Adana Trade Registry with the registry number 6205, owns 0838004674900010 Mersis No. and the headquarter of TEMSA Ulaşım Araçları Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Sirketi is in Sarıhamzalı Mahallesi, Turhan Cemal Beriker Bulvarı No.563/A 011110 Seyhan/Adana - Turkey.
As per GDPR the contact information of the Data Officer is as follows:
Name-Surname: Burçin Erdem
Address: Ömer Avni Mahallesi, İnönü Caddesi No:50 Devres Han 34427 Beyoğlu / İstanbul
Collection and Purposes of Processing Personal Data
The scope of the personal data that you share with us upon your own explicit consent includes, but not limited to personal data such as your full name, date of birth, ID information, mobile number, e-mail, gender, address, profession, and your education status. Your personal data collected may vary depending on the service, product or business activity provided by our Company and it may be also be collected automatically or as a condition to be a part of any data recording system, non-automatically by written, verbal or electronic means or through our Company’s offices, branches, agents, human resources department or our website etc. Your personal data may also be collected using inquiry and registration forms or online surveys conducted via our Company’s website. Your personal data will be processed and updated if and as long as you benefit from our Company's products and services.
The following personal data shall be processed without your consent:
- Contractual processes such as sales, after-sales support and car-renting, execution and follow-up of all required transactions, starting, evaluating and concluding rental demand process of car rental customers, performing risk assessments, performing contractual processes and planning operational processes and execution regarding car rentals,
- Preparing and managing customer registrations,
- Executing obligations regarding after sales support, valuation of damage and accident processes, performing and follow-up of loss in damage processes,
- Performing financial and accounting processes including invoice activities regarding sales and executing risk assessments,
- Executing evaluation, analyses and risk assessments with customers in accordance with legal boundaries,
- Follow-up of guarantee obligations, motor insurance and insurance processes,
- Performing customer relations and execution of corporate governance activities,
- Managing and follow-up of customer demands and complaints,
- Improving and developing the services of our Company, determining and implementing commercial and business strategies,
- Maintaining operations and business, performing Company activities and procedures,
- Risk assessment, ensuring business continuity, follow-up of contractual processes or legal demands,
- Planning information security processes, establishing and managing information technology infrastructure,
- Ensuring the legal and commercial services with the products and services offered by our Company to the individuals who have business relations with our Company,
- Planning and follow-up of work carried out with business partners, subsidiaries or distributors,
- Follow-up and execution of legal processes and communication processes with government agencies,
- Follow up, planning and conducting credit evaluation transactions to be made by credit provider companies in case of application for credit facilities offered by the credit-provider companies for our products and/or services,
- Developing and updating the efficiency reports by obtaining information on customer-based developments,
- Planning and organizing activities to make marketing researches to ensure and/or increase its commitment to product and services,
- Programming and follow-up of sales, marketing and promotion of products and services,
- Organization and follow-up of activities such as vehicle test drives,
- Control and analysis of customer data for the purpose of planning and follow-up of employee’s performance evaluation processes and/or business activities
The following personal data shall be processed following your consent:
- Planning and execution of specific sales and marketing activities,
- Customizing products and services in accordance with your tastes, usage habits and needs,
- Planning and execution of activities such as gifts and gestures for the customers in accordance with their tastes, usage habits and needs,
- Proposing campaign and offers to the customers by evaluating their shopping histories and sending e-mails messages to the customers or potential customers prior to their shopping histories,
- Customizing, advertising and planning and execution of activities related to the products and services according to the tastes, usage habits and needs of the individuals for the purposes of establishing or increasing the commitment to the products and services offered by our Company, executing satisfactory and commitment surveys,
- Sending marketing instruments, campaigns, proposals and activity invitations to the potential rental customers, vehicle purchase customers and/or other customers, planning, executing and keeping the registrations of activities and organizations.
Transfer of Personal Data
Your personal data may be transferred to business associates, group companies, suppliers, shareholders of our Company and to public bodies and individuals legally authorized for the purposes mentioned above within the scope of personal data processing conditions and purposes pursuant to the LPPD and GDPR.
The Rights of the Personal Data Owners as per LPPD
- Learn whether her/his personal data is being processed;
- Request information as to the possibility of processing of his/her data,
- Learn the purposes of such processing of personal data and whether processed data is being used in accordance with these purposes,
- Learn whether his/her personal data is being transferred within the country or to abroad,
- Request amendment in case his/her personal data processed is incomplete or inaccurate and request that the process carried out in this context to be notified to the third parties to whom the personal data is transferred,
- Request the deletion or termination of his/her personal data if the reasons for its processing are no longer present, despite having been processed in accordance with the laws, and request that the process carried out in this context to be notified to the third parties to whom the personal data is transferred,
- Request that the parties to whom his/her data is transferred are informed of the transactions carried out as per paragraphs (d) and (e),
- Object to the occurrence of a result to the detriment of the person himself/herself, by means of analysing the processed data exclusively through automated systems,
- Request compensation for the damages in case the person incurs damages due to unlawful processing of his/her personal data.
The Rights of the Personal Data Owners as per GDPR
As the Data Owners your personal data is protected by GDPR. In case the scope of the jurisdiction of our work expand to Europe the rights of the Data Owners are;
Right of Access (GDPR Article 15): You have the right to request information on the data we hold about you from us at any time.
Right to Rectification (GDPR Article 16): You have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate data relating to you.
Right to Erasure (GDPR Article 17): You have the right to request that we erase your data, as long as the legal requirements for this are satisfied. This may be the case under Art. 17 GDPR if the data is no longer required for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw the consent on which data processing is based and there is no other legal basis for processing; you lodge an objection to the processing of your data and there are no legitimate reasons for processing, or you object to data processing for direct marketing purposes.
Right to Restriction of Processing (GDPR Article 18): You have the right to request that we restrict processing of your data if; you dispute the accuracy of the data – in which case processing may be restricted during the time it takes to verify the accuracy of the data; processing is unlawful, and you reject erasure of your data, requesting that its usage be restricted instead; we no longer need your data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend your rights; you have lodged an objection to its processing, as long as it is not certain that our legitimate reasons outweigh yours.
Right to Data Portability (GDPR Article 20):
You have the right to request that we transfer your data – if technically possible – to another responsible party. However, you may only enforce this right if data processing is based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract.
Right to Object (GDPR Article 21): You have the right to object to the processing of your data at any time for reasons that arise from your particular situation, as long as data processing is based on your consent, on our legitimate interests or those of a third party. In this case, we will cease to process your data.
Requirements to Protect Children’s Privacy as per GDPR: This website is not intended for anyone under the age of 16 years. If you are younger than 16, you may not register with or use this website.
Specific Provisions for USA
Where TEMSA is subject to privacy requirements of United States of America (USA), the following also applies:
Do Not Track: Your browser may allow you to set a Do not track preference. Unless otherwise stated, our sites do not honor Do not track requests. However, you may elect not to accept cookies by changing the designated settings on your web browser or, where available, by way of the TrustArc Consent Manager if the relevant website contains a link to it. Cookies are small text files placed on your computer while visiting certain sites on the Internet used to identify your computer. Please note that if you do not accept cookies, you may not able to use certain functions and features of our site. This site does not allow third parties to gather information about you over time and across sites.
Requirements to Protect Children’s Privacy: We do not intend for our websites or online services to be used by anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have collected information about a child, please contact us:
Contact e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Right to Obtain Information
You may exercise your rights within the scope of the LPPD and GDPR in writing.
Such notifications could be sent to our Company’s headquarter address Sarıhamzalı Mahallesi, Turhan Cemal Beriker Bulvarı No.563/A 011110 Seyhan/Adana Turkey or to our Istanbul branch at Kısıklı Caddesi, Şehit Teğmen İsmail Moray Sokak, No: 2/1 34662 Altunizade/Istanbul – Turkey.
You may use the Application Form at our website for the purposes.
Please find below the link for such form:
Your inquiries noted in your application shall be evaluated within the shortest time and within thirty (30) days at the latest.
Please visit this link to review our Personal Data Protection and Processing Policy: